This article was generated thanks to a list posted to Igaming Mailing List and IrishGaming.com Forums by Darran. Unfortantly there is some controversy over the fact that it contains both Irish and non-Irish (namely UK and German) conventions. See here for the thread.
In the meantime I've added 'flags' to indicate conventions ran in Ireland, UK and Germany. Some would prefer to see only conventions in Ireland (I do happen to agree but thats irrelvant to the discussion). This isn't the best solution as some might be offended that conventions ran in Northern Ireland have an Irish flag.
- Solution 1: Generate three lists. Convention Calender (IRL) for Irish (and Northern Ireland) conventions, Convention Calender (UK) for UK ones and a Convention Calender (Other) for non Ireland and UK cons.
- Solution 2: Some sort of filtering... not sure if it's possible. Looking into it. If it is, we can dispense with the flags and just have 'Conventions ran in Ireland only' option.
- Solution 3: Use something other than flags. Any suggestions?
- Solution 4: Remove all conventions now ran in Ireland.
Anyone got any thoughts, comments or suggestions? --Mark Cunningham 13:35, 29 Sep 2005 (IST)
- Someone pointed out to me that there is an Ulster flag that we could use. --Mark Cunningham 14:01, 29 Sep 2005 (IST)
- Some interesting links: split the list into sub pages and use symbols like these (of course if we go down that route, why not just 'text'?) :) --Mark Cunningham 13:57, 30 Sep 2005 (IST)
- Guess I should also say that I've replaced the flags with country code letters. --Mark Cunningham 12:05, 4 Oct 2005 (IST)
- I'm guessing the older cons on the list should now either be moved or farmed out to another (old cons page?) Oldfartgamer 21:20, 25 May 2007 (IST)
- I think they should simply be deleted. There isn't any real value in storing them (though they are stored in the history of the document). --Mark Cunningham 22:04, 25 May 2007 (IST)