Table of contents
Dragonslayers weekly meetings draw more than 100 people from across the gaming and Anime spectrum. The Tuesday evening sessions are held between 5:30pm and 11:00pm in the Beech Room, on the First Floor of the QUB Students' Union. Which is located on University Road, opposite the main QUB Lanyon Building. New members should always start in the Beec Room and ask to speak with one of the club committee who will give them a guided tour of the facilities and set them up in a gaming group.
- Beech Room Main Area – Main Table Top Gaming Room *Starting point for new members*
- Beech Room Secondary Area – Console Gaming
- Clubs & Societies Floor – Anime Cinema
Whether you are an existing gaming group that would like to have a regular venue, or a complete beginner who would like to get into gaming, we will have something that you can enjoy. Dragonslayers boasts an impressive arsenal of regular games at our weekly meetings, but we will always welcome and encourage the addition of new systems.
Table Top Gaming
In its early days Dragonslayers was purely a role playing and wargaming club and although we have expanded considerably we still have a strong interest in role playing. Although the games vary from week to week we would usually have about 12 active RPG groups, 2 or three active CCG systems, one or two wargames, and one or two boardgames. We are always open to new game systems, but currently have active interest in the following systems:
- Role Playing Games (RPG) – Dungeons and Dragons, Mage, Dead Lands, Vampire, Shadowrun, Paranoia, Star Wars D20, Marvel Superheros, D20 Modern and Call of Cthulhu
- Collectible Card Games (CCG) – Magic:The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh, Full Metal Alchemist, Vampire, Poker
- Wargames – Star Wars Mini, Dungeons and Dragons Mini, Twilight Imperium, Warhammer 40k and Warhammer Fantasy Battle
- Board Games – Munchkin, Frag, Illuminati etc
Dragonslayers owns a number consoles, including an XBox, XBox 360, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo GameCube; all with plenty of controllers and games. These are available to play every Tuesday at the Dragonslayers weekly meetings on one of our four console projectors. We also have a strong group of members who bring their own games consoles and games each week. The club is very open to players who want to bring their own games hardware.
Normally the games played are multiplayer network games such as Gears of War or Mario Kart DD, but we enjoy all types of games and members can play whatever they want. Music games such as Guitar Hero II and Singstar are currently proving popular, as well as Nintendo Wii games such as Wii Play, Wii Sports and Rayman Raving Rabbids
Every week at Dragonslayers’ we show 4 hours of Anime from 6pm to 10pm. The lineup is very flexible, with requests being welcome. Dragonslayers is supported by all of the major UK anime Distributors (MVM, ADV, MangaUK, Beez). This means that Dragonslayers is one of the only Anime groups in Northern Ireland with access to the latest Anime content and legal permission to show it!
Q-Con and Special Events
As well as our weekly games sessions, Dragonslayer’s organizes lots of other gaming and social activities for our members, including:
- Q-Con – The largest gaming event in Northern Ireland
- Slayers24 – Consisting of a PC LAN, a Games console area and a Table Top Gaming area, we organize at least three of these events every year. We also have a variety of competition games at these events and provide prizes by way of our sponsors.
- Convention Trips – The club sends teams every year to Gaelcon (Dublin), Warpcon (Cork), Conpulsion (Edinburgh) and several other major gaming events.
- Social Events – To break up the gaming calendar Dragonslayers organises a good range of social events every year. This usually includes Barbecues, Cinema Trips, a Christmas Dinner and of course nights out (the last of these does of course include drinking games).
Dragonslayers is one of the largest clubs at Queen’s with about 200 registered members. We are a strong gaming community which has grown from our weekly gaming nights, special events and social trips. We have also become a strong online community with an excellent Web Site, Web Forum and IRC Chat Room.
For further information, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Years of Office||President|
|1985 - 1986||????|
|1986 - 1987||????|
|1987 - 1988||????|
|1988 - 1989||????|
|1989 - 1992||James McKenna|
|1992 - 1994||Matt Johnston|
|1994 - 1998||Alan Neill|
|1998 - 1999||Michelle Evans|
|1999 - 2000||Colin Dunlop|
|2000 - 2001||Davitt Hughes|
|2001 - 2002||Robin Triggs|
|2002 - 2003||Julie Port|
|2003 - 2004||????|
|2004 - 2006||Ben Harrison|
|2006 - 2007||Andrew Gordon|
|2007 - 2008||Andrew Gordon|
|2008 - 2010||Killian McKeever|
|2010 - 2011||????|
|2011 - 2012||?????|
|2012 - 2013||????|
|2013 - 2014||????|
|2014 - 2015||????|
|2015 - 2016||????|
|2016 - 2017||????|
|2017 - 2018||????|
|2018 - 2019||????|